Turmeric is not a mere spice in Indian cuisine and culture but is one of the most widely used ingredients in food and medicines. Its anti-bacterial properties and ability to counter inflammation has made it a mainstay in all Indian homemade recipes for first aid. Be it an external injury or a disease which has brought you down, turmeric paste on the wound and turmeric milk for the tummy has been a proven duo against any and all problems plaguing an ailing body.
The herb is equally auspicious, so much so, it has its own place in any religious ceremony in Hindu religion which makes it even more important for our culture. Turmeric contains essential vitamins, mineral, oils, resins, and curcumin making it excellent natural skin care and beauty product.
Here are the 7 benefits of turmeric for your skin:
- Turmeric is known for its anti-microbial properties and is very effective against bacteria, fungi and can treat septic and help keep wounds clean and infection free.
- Curcumin is a magic ingredient that solves a variety of problems in humans, one of them being acne. The anti-oxidant and cleansing properties of turmeric keep your skin acne free.
- Turmeric keeps your skin oil free by regulating the production of sebum and oil secretion by the skin.
- Curcumin is a proven solution to spots on the face due to excess melanin production. Turmeric can regulate the production of melanin keeping your skin from pigmentation and also deoxidizes your skin to make you look younger.
- Turmeric can be used as an exfoliating scrub that cleans out your pores and keeps your skin healthy.
- Turmeric has powerful anti-oxidant properties and can make your skin look much younger. It slows down the aging of skin cells, removes oxidization and stimulates new cell growth.
- Turmeric can be of great help in healing open wounds and skin regeneration all the while keeping your wound disinfected.
Turmeric is a wonder of nature which gives us a great many options and ways to take care of our skin and body making it one of the few wonder drugs present in nature.